Chia seeds are a great non-marine source of Omega-3 and dietary fiber. Omega-3 fatty acids can normalize blood pressure, help lower bad cholesterol levels, help strengthen bones and muscles, and is good for digestion.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 2/3 cups chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk. Mix well and let rest 15 minutes. Stir with a fork to break up any lumps and let rest another 10 minutes. Add agave and vanilla and stir in until well blended.
- Mixture will firm up overnight in refrigerator or can be eaten after about 30 minutes of setting up.
- Add in berries, maple extract, cacao powder or mashed banana for extra flavor.
Sagacity Wellness http://sagacitywellness.com/